- Designing reliable electrochemical cells for operando lithium-ion battery study
L Su, P Choi, BS Parimalam, S Litster, B Reeja-Jayan
- Multiscale operando X-ray investigations provide insights into electro-chemo-mechanical behavior of lithium intercalation cathodes
Laisuo Su, Paul Choi, Nathan Nakamura, Harry Charalambous, Shawn Litster, Jan Ilavsky, B Reeja-Jayan
Applied Energy 299, 117315
- Electrode Surface Engineering in Lithium Ion Batteries
L Su, B Reeja-Jayan
US Patent App. 16/886,948
- Tailoring Electrode–Electrolyte Interfaces in Lithium-Ion Batteries Using Molecularly Engineered Functional Polymers
Laisuo Su, Jamie L Weaver, Mitchell Groenenboom, Nathan Nakamura, Eric Rus, Priyanka Anand, Shikhar Krishn Jha, John S Okasinski, Joseph A Dura, B Reeja-Jayan
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 13 (8), 9919-9931
- Operando Particle-Scale Characterization of Silicon Anode Degradation during Cycling by Ultrahigh-Resolution X-ray Microscopy and Computed Tomography
P Choi, BS Parimalam, L Su, B Reeja-Jayan, S Litster
ACS Applied Energy Materials 4 (2), 1657-1665
- Isolating Specific vs. Non-Specific Binding Responses in Conducting Polymer Biosensors for Bio-Fingerprinting
PM Smith, I Sutradhar, M Telmer, R Magar, AB Farimani, B Reeja-Jayan
Sensors 21 (19), 6335
- Linking far-from-equilibrium defect structures in ceramics to electromagnetic driving forces
Nathan Nakamura, Laisuo Su, Han Wang, Noam Bernstein, Shikhar Krishn Jha, Elizabeth Culbertson, Haiyan Wang, Simon JL Billinge, C Stephen Hellberg, B Reeja-Jayan
Journal of Materials Chemistry A 9 (13), 8425-8434
- Far-from-equilibrium effects of electric and electromagnetic fields in ceramics synthesis and processing
B Reeja-Jayan, J Luo
MRS Bulletin 46 (1), 26-35
- Engineering lithium-ion battery cathodes for high-voltage applications using electromagnetic excitation
Laisuo Su, Shikhar Krishn Jha, Xin Li Phuah, Jiang Xu, Nathan Nakamura, Haiyan Wang, John S Okasinski, B Reeja-Jayan
Journal of Materials Science 55, 12177-12190
- N. Nakamura, L. Su, J. Bai, S. Ghose, B. Reeja-Jayan, “In-Situ Synchrotron Pair Distribution Function Analysis to Monitor Synthetic Pathways Under Electromagnetic Excitation,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, in press (2020). (Invited article for 2020 Emerging Investigators Themed Issue).
- E. M. Jimenez, D. Ding, L. Su, A. R. Joshi, A. Singh, B. Reeja‐Jayan, J. Beuth, “Parametric Analysis to Quantify Process Input Influence on the Printed Densities of Binder Jetted Alumina Ceramics,” Additive Manufacturing, 100864, (2019)
- D. Liu, L. Su, J. Liao, B. Reeja‐Jayan, C. Majidi, “Rechargeable Soft‐Matter EGaIn‐MnO2 Battery for Stretchable Electronics,” Advanced Energy Materials, 9, 1902798 (2019)
- S. K. Jha, N. Nakamura, S. Zhang, L. Su, P. M. Smith, X. L. Phuah, H. Wang, J. S. Okasinski, A. J. H. McGaughey, B. Reeja‐Jayan, “Defect-mediated Anisotropic Lattice Expansion of Ceramics as Evidence for Non-thermal Coupling between Electromagnetic Fields and Matter,” Advanced Engineering Materials 21, 1900762 (2019)
- M. R. Telmer, M.S. Hilario, B.W. Hoff, M.T. Lanagan and B. Reeja-Jayan, “Anisotropy of W-band Complex Permittivity in Al2O3,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 31, 225702 (2019)
- N. Nakamura and B. Reeja-Jayan, “Synchrotron X-ray Characterization of Materials Synthesized Under Microwave Irradiation,” Journal of Materials Research, 34, 194-205 (2019)(Invited review article for Early Career Scholars in Materials Science 2019)
- S. K. Jha, X.L. Phuah, J. Luo, C.P. Grigoropoulos, H. Wang, E. García, B. Reeja‐Jayan, “The Effects of External Fields in Ceramic Sintering,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 102, 5-31 (2019)(Article was selected as front cover of journal for January 2019)
- A. Lassnig, N. Nakamura, T. Jörg, B. Reeja-Jayan, M. J. Cordill, “Molecularly Grafted, Structurally Integrated Multifunctional Polymer Thin Films with Improved Adhesion,” Surface and Coatings Technology, 349, 963-968 (2018)
- L. Su, P. M. Smith, P. Anand, B. Reeja-Jayan, “Surface Engineering of a LiMn2O4 Electrode Using Nanoscale Polymer Thin Films via Chemical Vapor Deposition Polymerization,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 10, 27063-27073 (2018)
- P. M. Smith, L. Su, W. Gong, N. Nakamura, B. Reeja-Jayan, S. Shen, “Thermal Conductivity of Poly (3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) Films Engineered by oxidative Chemical Vapor Deposition (oCVD),” RSC Advances, 8, 19348-19352 (2018)
- N. Nakamura, M. W. Terban, S. J. L. Billinge, B. Reeja-Jayan, “Unlocking the structure of mixed amorphous-crystalline ceramic oxide films synthesized under low temperature electromagnetic excitation,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5, 18434-18441 (2017).
- N. Nakamura, J. Seepaul, J. Kadane, B. Reeja-Jayan, “Regression Design for Low-Temperature Microwave-Assisted Crystallization of Ceramic Thin Films”, Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, 33, 314-321 (2017).
- M. L. Castillo, A. Ugur, H. Sojoudi, N. Nakamura, Z. Liu, F. Lin, R. E. Brandt, T. Buonassisia, B. Reeja-Jayan, K. K. Gleason, “Organic Passivation of Silicon Through Multifunctional Polymeric Interfaces”, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 160, 470-475 (2017).
- N. Chen, B. Reeja-Jayan, A. Liu, J. Lau, B. Dunn, and K. K. Gleason , “iCVD Cyclic Polysiloxane and Polysilazane as Nanoscale Thin-Film Electrolyte: Synthesis and Properties”, Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 37, 446 (2016).
- D.H. Galvan, G. Alonso, M. Tejeda, A. Torres, B. Reeja-Jayan, D. Ferrer, A., Posada-Amarillas, D. Barraza-Jimenez, and M. José-Yacamán, “Experimental and Theoretical Analyses of ZnO Nanoparticles Deposited onto Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes,” Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, 24, 541 (2016).
- B. Reeja-Jayan, N. Chen, J. Lau, J. A. Kattirtzi, P. Moni, A. Liu, I. G. Miller, R. Kayser, A. P. Willard, B. Dunn, and K. K. Gleason , “A Group of Cyclic Siloxane and Silazane Polymer Films as Nanoscale Electrolytes for Microbattery Architectures”, Macromolecules, 48, 5222 (2015).
- B. Reeja-Jayan, K. A. Koen, R. J. Ono, D. A. Vanden Bout, C. W. Bielawski, and A. Manthiram, “Oligomeric Interface Modifiers in Hybrid Polymer Solar Cell Prototypes Investigated by Fluorescence Voltage Spectroscopy”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 17, 10640 (2015).
- N. Chen*, B. Reeja-Jayan*, J. Lau, P. Moni, A. Liu, B. Dunn, and K. K. Gleason, “Nanoscale, Conformal Polysiloxane Thin Film Electrolytes for Three-Dimensional Battery Architectures”, Materials Horizons, 2, 309 (2015). (Article selected as back cover) (*denotes shared first-authorship)
- B. Reeja-Jayan, P. Moni, and K. K. Gleason, “Synthesis of Insulating and Semiconducting Polymer Films via Initiated Chemical Vapor Deposition”, Nanoscience and NanotechnologyLetters, 7, 33 (2015) (Invited article for special issue on nanostructured functional polymers)
- B. Reeja-Jayan, P. Kovacik, R. Yang, H. Sojoudi , A. Ugur, D. H. Kim, C. D. Petruczok, X. Wang, A. Liu, and K. K. Gleason, “A Route towards Sustainability through Engineered Polymeric Interfaces“, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 1, 1400117 (2014) (Invited review article, selected as front piece cover)
- C. L. Wang, C. C. Wang, B. Reeja-Jayan, and A. Manthiram, “Low-cost, Mo(S,Se)2-free superstrate-type solar cells fabricated with tunable band gap Cu2ZnSn(SxSe1-x)4 nanocrystal-based inks and the effect of sulfurization“, RSC Advances, 3, 19946-19951 (2013).
- B. Reeja-Jayan, N. Folse, and A. Manthiram, “Development of Scalable, Low-cost Polymer Solar Cell Test Platform“, Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 135 041004 (2013,li>
- B. Reeja-Jayan and A. Manthiram, “Effects of Bifunctional Metal Sulfide Interlayers on Photovoltaic Properties of Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Solar Cells“, RSC Advances, 3, 5412-5421 (2013).
- B. Reeja-Jayan, T. Adachi, R. J. Ono, D. A. Vanden Bout, C. W. Bielawski, and A. Manthiram, “Effect of Interfacial Dipoles on Charge Traps in Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Solar Cells“, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 1, 3258-3262 (2013).
- B. Reeja-Jayan*, K. L. Harrison*, K. Yang, Chih-Liang Wang, A. Yilmaz, and A. Manthiram, “Microwave-assisted Low Temperature Thin Film Growth in Solution”, Scientific Reports, 2, 1003 (2012). (Highlighted by the Materials Research Society (MRS) on their Materials360 Online news website) (* denotes shared first-authorship)
- Jun Liu, Qiongyu Wang, B. Reeja-Jayan, and A. Manthiram, “Carbon-coated High Capacity Layered Li[Li0.2Mn0.54Ni0.13Co0.13]O2 Cathodes”, Electrochemistry Communications, 12, 750-753 (2010).
- Jun Liu, B. Reeja-Jayan, and A. Manthiram, “Conductive Surface Modification with Aluminum of High Capacity Layered Li[Li0.2Mn0.54Ni0.13Co0.13]O2 Cathodes”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114, 9528-9533 (2010).
- B. Reeja-Jayan and A. Manthiram, “Influence of Polymer-Metal Interface on the Photovoltaic Properties and Long-term Stability of nc-TiO2-P3HT Hybrid Solar Cells”, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 94, 907-914 (2010).
- S. Sepulveda-Guzman, B. Reeja-Jayan, E. De la Rosa, U. Ortiz-Mendez, C. Reyes-Betanzo, R. Cruz-Silva, and M. J. Yacaman, “Room-Temperature Deposition of Crystalline Patterned ZnO Films by Confined Dewetting Lithography”, Applied Surface Science, 256, 3386-3389 (2010li>